Thursday, October 21, 2010

Much excitement




Well that was an interesting start to the day. I got up bright and early this morning because I am trying to get Gold Mountain finished by the end of October when I will be too busy with booksignings for Negative Image to get much done. I usually spend all morning in my pyjamas, but today I had a shower and dressed before coming downstairs. I made my coffee, booted up my computer, read about one e-mail message when there was an enormous THUMP from outside the house. I looked outside to see - a car in the lawn. Not just on the lawn, but down the hill and wrapped around the hydro pole. A woman was trapped inside. It was quite the scene as firefighters, paramedics, police arrived. They had to cut the car apart to get to her, get her neck stabilized and boarded to get her out of the car. The woman is probably going to be okay, but she was so shook up. (No kidding). Nice touch when someone said, "The gas tank is leaking". Anyway, the woman was taken to hospital, the car dragged out of the ditch and taken away, and everyone packed up and left. Here is a couple of pics.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, what a way to start the morning. Hope the lady will be okay. As bad as it may sound, great photos from a reporter's view point.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete