Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Home from Malice Domestic and Festival of Mystery with a free offer




I had an absolutely wonderful book tour. North Carolina with Molly Weston was a blast. Fun and friends and good food and lots of book sales. I even ate grits for the first time Just loved them in the shrimp and grits (see picture).

It was great getting to know Elizabeth Duncan better. A lovely woman and great writer.

I took lots of pictures for this blog – and left the camera in Mary Jane Maffini’s car. I’ll get it back, I hope, on Monday at our book launch in Ottawa, and will post pictures later. Speaking of Mary Jane, sometimes we laughed until the tears ran and our sides ached. At one point I actually couldn’t see. Good thing I wasn’t the one driving.

We then went to Malice Domestic, where Mary Jane won an Agatha Award for best short story. Yeah!!!! Then on to Oakmont PA for the festival of mystery. Who knew (not me) that I was just down the row from an elusive writer named K.C Constantine who never appears in public. Here’s a pic (courtesy of Janet Rudolph) of K.C. I am standing in the background in a grey sweater. The other picture of me in the hat was taken by Louise Penny.

Home now for a short rest before the big book tour to B.C.

A reminder that Among the Departed was released yesterday. It is available everywhere in hardcover and trade paperback. Also large print and audio version. There has been a delay with Kindle and I am hoping it will be out soon.

Free Offer: If you would like a signed bookplate or a postcard for Among the Departed or one of my bookmarks, please send me an email to vicki at vickidelany dot com. I'll pay the postage!

No comments:

Post a Comment