Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Police Training

I'm really looking foward to today and tomorrow. I am going to a secret location to watch police training. I've been invited by a police department to sit on on two days of training. This is one of the things I love most about being a writer, the chance to experience things I wouldn't do in the normal course of my life. I blogged a while ago about a police officer friend who came to my house to teach me some fighting techniques. What she called Close Quarters Combat. Not that anyone needs to quake in fear when they pass me, I was doing more writing down what she told me than doing it, but it gave me plenty of much-needed material for my books.

If you're still only thinking about coming to Bloody Words, the Canadian mystery convention that starts on May 28 and need some incentive: My friend will be giving a workshop and demonstration titled "Close Quarters Combat: Keeping Police Officers Safe." She might even be demonstrating on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment