Friday, December 11, 2009

Burrrr


It’s cold out there.

But cozy and warm in here.

I’m just back from a walk. A very short walk. I guess I forgot that sub-zero temperatures were cold. I wore my leather jacket, not my winter coat, and no hat. My ears were about to fall off when I decided it was time to turn around and head home. The winds have been very very strong for the last few days; my yard is littered with broken branches. My property and the road are lined by farmers's fields, so the wind can really work up a good speed before hitting me!

I finally joined the 21st century a couple of weeks ago and bought an iPod. I thought that I might go out and walk more if I could listen to music or the radio. And it’s really working out well. I’m looking forward to my daily walk these days.

The woodstove is chewing through wood like crazy. I am impressed at how well it heats the house, even the top floor, is usually quite comfortable in the morning.

I making a mushroom and bean stew for dinner. My first attempt to use the beans I gathered in the fall. It’s looking and smelling yummy.

I want to get a new publicity photo. To that end my daughter took a bunch the other week in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Here’s one suggestion. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment