Monday, September 7, 2009

Plans and Tomatoes


Finished Negative Image yesterday and got it off to the agent. This morning I feel a bit lost. I am sitting here, staring at the computer thinking that I should have something to do!

I have a few things on this week (see attached picture!) and will think it all over while doing other things. The second Klondike book, Gold Fever, will be out in the Spring, so it might be time to start on book 3. As of yet, I don’t have any ideas for that one, but I am sure they will come. In the meantime, I am thinking of trying my hand at a couple of short stories. In August, I spent a wonderful weekend in the company of Peter Robinson and his wife Sheila on Wolfe Island at the Scene of the Crime Festival, and Peter told me that he finds short stories a way of stretching yourself, moving beyond your boundaries as a writer. I want to try that.

For the next couple of days I am going to make tomato sauce, blueberry muffins, putter about the house, go to Stratford with my daughter to see Macbeth. Then by the end of the week I will be brimming with ideas and ready to go. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment